ECON 1203 - Economics of Social Issues
This course applies fundamental economic principles to the understanding of domestic and global issues such as poverty, treatment of minorities, immigration, agriculture, health, crime, labor markets, immigration, and environmental damage.
Income Equality and Economic Opportunity
- Bill filed to end Affordable Housing Tax Credit program
- Lot Lines: Section 8 housing
- Broadband benefits elude rural towns
- Gender Quotas in Politics
- Can temporary affirmative action policies have lasting effects?
- Can strong peer networks close the gender gap in entrepreneurship?
Economics of Crime and Violence
- Paper by Jennifer Doleac and Anita Mukherjee
- Occupational Employment Statistics - www.bls.gov/oes/tables.htm
- Excel Workbook with ED data only (.xlsx)
- Change "area_type" to 2 to see State-level statistics
- Change "area_title" to specific state names (e.g. Oklahoma or Texas) to make comparisons
- UCO Mobility Report Card